Health Care and the Economy
Healthy people are working people. Working people contribute to and invest in NC.
- Every North Carolinian should have access to high-quality health care, no matter where you live.
- Expand Medicaid to more than 500,000 North Carolinians. Now.
- Proactively and retroactively address public health crises and epidemics facing our state.
- True economic development. Prepare today’s workforce for the jobs of the future.
People deserve a government they can trust and that serves their best interest.
- Remove all unnecessary barriers and discriminatory laws.
- Expand voter access and convenience. Support Automatic Voter Registration.
- Establish a non-partisan redistricting committee.
Poverty and Upward Mobility
NC is “where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great.”
- Re-establish Poverty Reduction and Economic Recovery Legislative Study Commission.
- Partner with local governments to fund solutions to help working families.
- Pay workers a living wage.
Innovation, Infrastructure, and Transportation
Unleash our state’s fullest potential
- Increase allocation of non-highway funding to further modernize our state’s transportation system.
- Expand broadband access statewide.
- Support innovation and technology everywhere.
Fund education at a top 10 level. Increase access to higher education.
- Increase education spending, increase teacher pay and support Pre-K and special education at top 10 level.
- Keep public dollars in public schools.
- Further incentivize high-achieving high school graduates.